The Atlanta Small Business Network Podcast
- This Local Company Started From the Core Belief That Humanity Finds Purpose Through Generosity July 28, 2020On today’s edition of The Atlanta Small Business Show we welcome Blake Canterbury, Founder of Purposity, an Atlanta-based not-for-profit that allows its users to connect with members of their community who are in need. Blake and Purposity have been featured in Forbes, People Magazine, the AJC, on The Today Show, and the TEDx stage. The […]
- How a Shared Love of Beer Led This Couple To Launch Their Own Business in Atlanta June 25, 2020On today’s episode of The Atlanta Small Business Show we welcome Kristen and Ed Sumpter owners of Red’s Beer Garden which is nestled between Grant Park and East Atlanta. Red’s Beer Garden is the first of its kind in Benteen Park, Atlanta*. Their self-serve refrigerators and draft taps boast more than 300 beers ranging from […]
- Building Confidence and Taking Risks in Business: A Lesson From Olympic Gold Medalist Nikki Stone June 25, 2020Today on The Atlanta Small Business Network we’re pleased to welcome Olympic gold medalist Nikki Stone. Nikki was America’s first-ever Olympic Champion in inverted aerial skiing at the 1998 Winter Olympics in Japan. She is an acclaimed motivational speaker and the Amazon best-selling author of “When Turtles Fly: Secrets of Successful People Who Know How […]
- How the Pandemic Has Changed the Way We Do Business – Patrick Schwerdtfeger, Business Futurist June 22, 2020On today’s episode of The Atlanta Small Business Show we welcome back Patrick Schwerdtfeger who is a business futurist, motivational speaker, and author of Author of Anarchy, Inc.: Profiting in a Decentralized World with Artificial Intelligence and Blockchain. In today’s segment, Jim and Patrick discuss Patrick’s new book, opportunities that the pandemic has created for […]
- How to Combat Racism in Your Workplace – Dr. Tomas Chamorro-Premuzic June 22, 2020On today’s episode of The Atlanta Small Business Show we welcome psychologist, author and entrepreneur, Dr. Tomas Chamorro-Premuzic. Dr. Tomas has written 10 books including his latest, Why do so many incompetent men become leaders? and The Talent Delusion: Why Data, Not Intuition, Is the Key to Unlocking Human Potential and over 150 scientific papers […]
- The Atlanta Small Business Show on CBS46 and Peachtree TV: Episode 47 – [6.05.20] June 22, 2020On this week’s episode of The Atlanta Small Business Show, we kick things off with reality star and philanthropist, Tanya Sam. Next up, we have a thought provoking chat on the importance of building relationships in the workplace with expert Shasta Nelson. Following Shasta, we welcome back author of the best selling book, The Crisis […]
- 7 Steps to Your Inevitable Business Recovery – Beate Chelette, Growth Architect June 22, 2020On today’s edition of The Atlanta Small Business Show, Jim welcomes back Beate Chelette, the author of the #1 international Amazon Bestseller “Happy Woman Happy World – How to Go From Overwhelmed to Awesome”. She has been named one of fifty must-follow women entrepreneurs by the Huffington Post, and sold her first venture to the […]
- What You Won’t Learn in Business School About Starting a Business – Rizwan Virk June 22, 2020On today’s episode of The Atlanta Small Business Show we welcome Rizwan Virk. Rizwan is the author of Startup Myths and Models: What You Won’t Learn in Business School. He is also a successful entrepreneur, video game pioneer, and venture capitalist and founder of the startup accelerator Play Labs @ MIT. Rizwan joins ASBN today […]
- Why Ed Trimble Launched GeorgiaALIVE to Tackle our State’s Greatest Needs During the Pandemic Crisis June 22, 2020On today’s edition of The Atlanta Small Business Show, we welcome Ed Trimble, Founder of GeorgiaALIVE, a central source for COVID-19 reporting and protective equipment exchange. Tune-in to hear more from Ed and let us know your thoughts or questions in the comment section below. https://www.myasbn.com/interviews/why-ed-trimble-launched-georgiaalive-to-tackle-our-states-greatest-needs-during-the-pandemic-crisis/
- Adapting Your Customer Experience For a Post-COVID World – Joseph Michelli June 10, 2020On today’s episode of The Atlanta Small Business Show, we’re pleased to welcome back our good friend and contributor Joseph Michelli. Joseph is a New York Times best-selling author of various books including, “The Airbnb Way: 5 Leadership Lessons for Igniting Growth through Loyalty, Community, and Belonging” as well as a sought-after customer experience expert. […]
Business meetings can be helpful, and even necessary, but too often they waste time, get sidetracked, and end up accomplishing very little. Good planning...
How do experts become experts? Typically, when you think of the professionals in this role, they've had years of education and experience, but there...
The entrepreneurial lifestyle has long been a key underpinning of American society. The independent spirit is alive and well in the country, and small...