The idea of starting your own business might sound daunting at first, but the good news is, you don’t have to do it alone. There are nearly 1,000 small business development centers across the country that provide resources at no cost to your business. Today, we are pleased to welcome Amber Khan, Co-owner of MokiPops Popsicle Company. Joining Amber is Mark Collier, Business Consultant at the UGA Small Business Development Center in Dekalb County who is no stranger to ASBN. In this segment, we took a look at how MokiPops got its start, and what the SBDC is doing to help them succeed.
In this segment, we asked Amber and Mark the following:
- MokiPops has some unique origins, Amber, how did you get started?
- What is it like having your children work hard to develop the business?
- Tell us about meeting Mark and getting involved with the Small Business Development Center
- Mark, what are the tools and resources that you’ve provided for MokiPops?
- Tell us about writing the MokiPops business plan?
- How did you get funding or financing?
- What are your plans for the future?
To hear their answers and find out more, be sure to watch our entire interview above.
The Atlanta Small Business Network, from start-up to success, we are your go-to resource for small business news, information, resources.
While you’re here, don’t forget to subscribe to our email newsletter for all the latest business news know-how from Atlanta Small Business Network.
This has been a JBF Business Media production.