The Gwinnett Chamber of Commerce supports and encourages local business owners in a variety of different ways. One of which, is by increasing business exposure through recognition programs like the annual Small Business Awards coming this October. To discuss the awards in more detail, we recently caught up President and CEO of the Gwinnett Chamber, Nick Masino.
Award categories include:
- Advocate Award: The success of a small business is often dependent on the ecosystem that it is surrounded by. This designation honors an organization that strengthens the community’s small business environment.
- Community Contributor Award: This recognition pays tribute to an organization, that although small, makes a big difference in the lives of others. Nonprofits and for-profits alike can participate in this award.
- Culture Creator Award: Creating a company culture is not just for large corporations. This small business is intentional by investing in the development and wellbeing of its employees.
- Emerging Entrepreneur Award: This kudos will go to a young professional who is shaking up the small business space. Applicants must be under 40 years of age by October 30, 2019.
- Founder Award: The recipient of this award started small but thought big. This top-tier recognition will pay tribute to an entrepreneur who has reached the pinnacle of prosperity.
- Launch Award: This recognition will honor a business that began no more than two years ago. Its innovative approach ensures that it’s well on its way.
- Minority-Owned/Women-Owned Small Business Award: This award recognizes a minority-owned and/or women-owned organization that exhibits excellence and best business practices.
- Small Business Award: This small business is a standout organization. It exhibits excellence and best business practices.
- Support System Award: It is said that a small business’s best friends are an accountant, attorney and lender. This award recognizes the support that the professional service industry provides to small businesses.
- By the Numbers: Three awards will be given in this sector.
- 0 – 5 Employees
- 6 – 24 Employees
- 25+ Employees
Click here to nominate a worthy entrepreneur today. The deadline to post nominations is August 12th.
The Atlanta Small Business Network, from start-up to success, we are your go-to resource for small business news, information, resources.
While you’re here, don’t forget to subscribe to our email newsletter for all the latest business news know-how from Atlanta Small Business Network.