For many businesses having a company, vehicle is a necessity, which means having the right insurance coverage in place is crucial to protect yourself and your investments. Recently, we welcomed back Todd Kohout, CEO of T. Hudson Risk Advisors to ASBN. Todd discussed how to determine if your business needs commercial auto insurance and tips on how to keep costs low.
In today’s segment, Todd provides key indicators that small businesses should look for to determine if they need commercial auto insurance. He also explains why commercial auto policy rates on are the rise, and the five things small businesses can do to control those rising costs, including:
- Put in place a risk management program that has specific rules in place for ALL drivers
- Run Motor vehicle reports on all drivers minimum annually and all new drivers.
- Get guidance from the carrier as to what best practices are for operation of all automobiles used for business purpose
- Limit drivers to those above 25 but below 65 years of age
- Have a formal written policy regarding non-business use of company vehicles
To hear more insight and advice from Todd, be sure to watch our entire interview above.
The Atlanta Small Business Network, from start-up to success, we are your go-to resource for small business news, information, resources.
While you’re here, don’t forget to subscribe to our email newsletter for all the latest business news know-how from Atlanta Small Business Network.